Welcome to the Members Page
Here, you’ll find important information about your work with the company.
Want to help dell’Arte while you shop? Amazon Smile donates 0.5% of sales to your favorite non-profit. You can make dell’Arte your designated charity by visiting https://smile.amazon.com/ Tell your family and friends as well!
Production Calendar (google calendar link)
Poster for emailing (please do not crop)
Important 2017 Dates/Locations
17th C. Style Class w/ Charlie Weaver:
Monday, March 27, 2017 VIDEO Part I Part II Part III Part IV
Charlie’s Style Handout – 17th Century Musical/Rhetorical Cliches
Great website for Baroque resources: Toronto Continuo Collective
Italian Classes w/ Lucy Yates: Saturdays, April 1, 8, 15 — 11 – 2 p.m. @ 255 Cabrini Blvd. #5H
4/1 VIDEO Sadly, audio failed
4/8 VIDEO Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
4/15 VIDEO Part 1 Part 2 (labeled 3 on Youtube) Part 3 (Youtube 4) Part 4 (Youtube 5)
Florio’s 1611 Italian/English Dictionary
Archaic Italian Verb Forms
Verb Mood Chart PDF – PowerPoint
Montessori Parts of Speech
Czech “Boot Camp”: Sundays, April 2, 9, 16 — 4 – 6 p.m. @ 255 Cabrini Blvd. #5H@ 255 Cabrini Blvd. #5H
Handouts: Alphabet/Pronunciation – Vowel Length/Tongue Twisters – Dvorak: Písne milostné (Love Songs)
Poetry reading (short/long vowels) – Kozena singing Dvorak
Online Czech Dictionary
Recommended Recording (for Czech) Mackerras (cond.)/Popp (Vixen)
4/2 VIDEO Part I Part II Part III Part IV
4/9 VIDEO Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4
4/16 VIDEO Part I Part II Part III Part IV
Czech Master Class w/ Timothy Cheek: Monday, May 22 — 7 – 9:30 p.m. Pearl Studios (Studio H)
519 Eighth Avenue – 12th Floor
Chuck Hudson Acting/Movement Classes: May 13 – 18
Calisto and Vixen Scores
A-R Editions: Francesco Cavalli: La Calisto (Collegium Musicum, Yale University, 2nd Series, Vol. 16, ed. Jennifer Williams Brown)
Vixen. Universal Critical Edition: Leos Janacek: Prohody lisky Bystrousky, UE33550.
- “Ovid’s Gaze” by Wendy Heller
The Janacek Opera Libretti: Translations & Pronunciations (Vol. 1: Příhody lišky Bystroušky/The Cunning Little Vixen) by Timothy Cheek. Scarecrow Press, 2003
Online, downloadable libretto and translation of Příhody lišky Bystroušky (5th on the page)
Original Cunning Vixen story by Tesnohlidek, translated by Firkusny, Morgan & Jones, illustrated by Sendak
Singing in Czech by Timothy Cheek. Scarecrow Press, 2001.
David Stech’s Vixen Recording Recommendations:
- Mackerras, Vienna Phil, Popp, etc. https://open.spotify.com/
- Neumann, Prague Nat. Theater https://open.spotify.com/
Native Czech cast: while the voices aren’t as spectacular they’re still pretty terrific!
Charlie Weaver: availability was posted via email.
Samuel Bill SCHEDULING LINK Sam will be out of town from June 19th to July 2nd and leaves for the rest of summer from July 19th. Email: samuelbill
Chris Fecteau is available for CALISTO coachings at the following times through the next two weeks:
Tues. 6/27 11
Weds.6/28 11, 1:30
Thurs. 6/29 3, 5:30, 7
Fri. 6/30 11, 1, 2:30
Sat. 7/1 noon, 1:30, 3:30, 5
Mon. 7/3 11, 1:30, 3
Weds. 7/5 2, 3:30, 7
Thurs. 7/6 11, 1:30, 3, 5:30, 7
Fri. 7/7 11, 1, 2:30
Please be aware, evening and weekend coachings are closed after this point except in case of emergencies.
Prevost, Manon Lescaut (Waddell translation, 1935) Book I Book II
Murger, Scenes de la Vie de Boheme (Marriage/Selwyn transl., 1901) various formats
Kushner: Erotic Exchanges: The World of Elite Prostitution in Eighteenth Century Paris (Cornell University Press) Amazon listing (Victoria Crutchfield’s recommended reading at least for Manon, Poussette, Javotte, Rosette)
Nicholas John, Violetta and Her Sisters (Faber & Faber, 1994) Full text (PDF)
“How Tuberculosis Shaped Victorian Fashion” (Smithsonian magazine)
Splendeurs et Miseres (overview of the Musee d’Orsay exhibition “L’art de prostitution”)
Manon Resources from Victoria!
The Draughtsman’s Contract on YouTube – this is a little earlier than our period (the wigs for men by 1730 are muuuuuch smaller), but it is still a good reference for movement.A scene from Barry Lyndon on YouTube – this is exactly our period!
The Elegant Art of Movement by Alicia Annas (excerpts)
Victoria’s Pinterest board of Rococo poses – still images can be helpful too, although many of these are a little later than our period.
Scioglilingua Exercise (tongue twisters for fun and practice)
Big Green Book of Italian Verbs by Katrin Maes-Christie and Daniel Franklin Marcello Sensini.
Grammar and Translation for the Italian Libretto by Richard M. Berrong. Excalibur Publishing. 1996.
Grammatica italiana. Milano: Mondador Scuola. 1990
Archaic Italian Verb Forms
Location for Classes and Rehearsals:
- 255 Cabrini Blvd. #5H (Chris Fecteau’s home/studio): DIRECTIONS: A train to 181st (front/north of train); elevator up to Fort Washington Ave.; exiting the station, go right one long block; left on 187th one short block; building on the right under scaffolding is ours! 917 232-6273
- 353 Studios = 353 W. 48th St., 2nd Floor
- Alvin Ailey Studios = 405 W. 55th St. (ask at desk for studio #)
- Shetler Studios = 244 W. 54th St., 12th Floor
- City Center = 130 W. 56th St., 4th Floor
- Pearl Studios, 519 8th Ave. 12th Floor
Bios and Headshots due May 1
Please send BOTH in one email if possible.
– Before submitting your bio, please refer to our STYLE SHEET. We may exercise the option to return your bio for editing. Bio must be written to refer BACKWARDS from August 12, 2017 (projects occurring between now and then should be referred to in past tense). Final version will have approval right by artist.
– Headshots (preferably vertical/portrait layout) should be in .jpg format, as high-resolution as you have. We reserve the right to crop and edit as necessary for the program book; photos generally posted ‘as-is’ on the website.